Monday, January 28, 2013

People, Places, Words and Things

Coming from a theater family, with a dance and costuming background, EVERYTHING is a costume to me. I create a character for myself every day and I always have a vision of what my character would wear for certain events. For instance, as a child if was in my room painting with water colors, wearing jeans and an over sized smock shirt and my mother asked me to go pick some flowers for the dinner table, I first had to put on a delicate floral dress and my red riding hood cloak before starting this task. 

In adulthood I have not escaped this habit. I'm about to go on a trip to Florida where I will meet my boyfriend's parents for the first time so I am planning lots of ladylike and responsible looking outfits. Sophie Conti pretty much hits the nail on the head in her Stylelikeu interview. 

Recently, I have found myself creating characters for the places and things I am inspired by.  I imagine this girl having a solo dance party in that beautiful living room while she gets ready for a night out in those awesome velvet platforms.

Above all else words inspire me. And sometimes all it takes to light a fire under my ass is an honest quote that hits home and wakes me up. I saw these words the other day and realized how lazy I have become. I have stopped drawing and painting and I am completely ADDICTED to television. My creative mind is wasting away in my skull and it's time to get it back in shape. 

1, 2, 3, 4


No comments: