Monday, February 4, 2013

Know what makes you happy.

In tough or frustrating times it is so easy to dwell on what is wrong or what is upsetting you. While I am a very strong believer of acknowledging your sadness and identifying why you feel that way in order to work past it, sometimes you just need to be  a "Pollyanna". So today I am staying positive and thinking about all the little things I am grateful for and all of the little things that make me happy.

I'm learning my way around this new toy. A new hobby can be a little scary because I can be very hard on myself, so I'm trying to get past the point of thinking every picture I take is shit. Whenever I think that I just revisit this Ira Glass quote and move forward.


This sign outside a liquor store in my neighborhood made me laugh today. I love a good pun and I don't care who knows it (I also happen to agree with the sentiment).

I buy myself flowers sometimes and I think everyone should. Trader Joe's sells bouquets that are cheaper than a vanilla latte, I think we all can manage that.

I love my brother. I'm really proud of him .. like REALLY REALLY proud and constantly impressed by him. Are you kidding me, he is holding an owl covered in snow!!
Excuse the photo quality, but I am celebrating that I have been losing weight and fitting into things I usually don't fit into. I tried this dress on as a joke but was shocked and surprised that I liked it (and that it zipped up).

I would stop at 5 because that is a satisfying number but I have one more.


On Thursday I am going to Florida with this boy to meet the people who made him. I'm excited to say the least. I have never been to Florida and I'm grateful to get away for a little while. Mostly I'm excited to go with him because he is cute.

No comments: